[DECtalk] dos screen readers

Joshua Kennedy joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 15:52:38 EDT 2017

hi

I need someone to refresh my memory. the old pulsedata humanware master
touch screen reader for ms-dos... could master touch also use decTalk?
or was master touch only for keynote gold speech synthesizers? also who
remembers softVoice tts? did that come with any screen readers? it seems
like decTalk is the only surviving speech from the dos era that we can
make run on modern systems and that is only thanks to NVDA addons. Well
soft voice also works. I wish though there was a double talk software
synthesizer but I imagine that won't ever happen.