[DECtalk] all of Snoopi's CDs now free

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Fri Mar 10 16:35:30 EST 2017

Hi all,

I have exciting news. Snoopi recently decided to make all of his CDS
available for free! This  includes Dectalk 101 and the other albums which he
charged for in the past. Links to download all CDs are now on a single page.
He requests that people who want to download albums make a donation via the
Paypal button if listeners can afford to do so.

http://www.theflameofhope.co/CDS.html

Note to screen reader users: I noticed when using Jaws and NVDA that
descriptions for two albums appear in the wrong place to those screen
readers. I am talking about text album descriptions, not album title links.
The description "holiday songs" appear to my screen readers below the link
for God Reigns Through The Rain when it is visually below the correct album
Spirit of the Holidays. Also, the description "how to program songs" appears
to NVDA/JAWS under Lady Gaga album link rather than Dectalk 101.

Snoopi told me  that visually all album descriptions are under the correct
album links. Since all album descriptions are correct visually, Snoopi has
no idea why those two descriptions appear differently to screen readers. To
be clear, text labels for all album title links are read correctly by screen
readers. Selecting an album link will open an index for downloading the
album.

I hope some of you enjoy the now-free CDs!