[DECtalk] entering lyrics and switching between tracks in a multitrack midi file in vocaloid

jake mcmahan mcmahan.jake at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:28:14 EDT 2016

Hello everybod!
Jake McMahan here.  For those of you who may remember, some of us
learned to use vocaloid even though we are blind to enter lyrics into a
single track, then combine tracks with a sound editing program thanks to
Garcia.  So, with that in mind, I was doing some experimenting with
vocaloid 4 and jaws.  What I discovered was, using the jaws cursor, I
could switch between all of my three tracks in one midi file with a few
steps.  Onse I got to the track I wanted, I was then able to right
click, change the singer for the selected trach, left click it two times
and end up in the musical editor for that selected track.
Let's say for example, I have three tracks.  I want my first singer to
be Cyber Diva.  I would go to the track editor by pressing control tab
once.  Then I would root jaws cursor to PC cursor, find the track I
want, which is clearly labeled, and find where it shows part of the
singer's name.  I would right click his or her name, go to active
singer, select her, and double click on the name with the left button.
It will pop up a dialog, close it and continue.  Now we are in the
musical editor for the selected track.  Select all parts, then enter
lyrics.  Reffer to garcia's instructions if you have them.  Repeat this
for all the tracks until you have them the way you want them.
Note, this has only been tested with jaws.
Thanks