[DECtalk] a very interesting bug I just found

Mohamed malhajamy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:39:58 EDT 2015

Hi guys, I just now found the craziest bug ever in dectalk. Well, maybe
not craziest, but definitely strange, and I'm wondering if people have
found this at all and what could be going on.
It effects all versions.
Have a listen to this little thing I created.
[:phone on]
[deh<800,25>]
[d<60>] [ey<800,34>] [r<1000,30>].
If you look at the code, you'll notice that there's a middle a in there
that dectalk, for some reason, completely skips over. I found that
changing the r to an rr solves the problem, but I'm wondering just
what's going on that's causing this?
Thanks.