[DECtalk] three DECtalk questions

Carlos Fernandez cf530a at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 17:25:32 EDT 2015

The numbers a, b, c, and d are telephone system digits that were used
previously but have dropped out of usage somewhat. They were used mostly
to transmit commands to call-management computers, and were most used by
telephone operators and government telephone systems. This system
allowed standard numbers to be typed at the same time as system
commands, instead of requiring that a specific number handle the commands.

Carlos