[DECtalk] why is dectalk's alphabet so strange?

Mohamed malhajamy at gmail.com
Sun May 24 19:51:16 EDT 2015

Yes, I looked up a few words, and they do have a vague resemblance to
dectalk's phonemic alphabet. But, I personally find fonix talk to not be
as good as older versions. All the voices sound like they have dentures
in their mouths, and don't sound as good. Also, is fonix talk still
actively being developed?