[DECtalk] messed up dectalk speak window

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sun Jun 28 18:47:23 EDT 2015

Hi,

I still have the Speak window, but I'm not going to send it right now
since I don't know if it's okay to do so. Demos of this synth caused a
record number of messages to be sent to this list within a few days back
in May of 2011. On May 4, I was sent the Speak window you're talking
about, as was one other person whose name I won't state here for privacy
reasons. The person sending me the program was closely associated with
the Enable Rehab SAPI DECtalk project. If you are this person, could you
comment on the status of this Speak window?

Eventually Enable Rehab did release a package, but I'm not sure what
version is included. I'm like others on this list, it's a shame that the
code for an older version of DECtalk, assuming it still exists, can't be
put in the hands of a person or team of people who really know how to
put it to good use.

Jayson