[DECtalk] singing in other languages

Carlos Fernandez cf530a at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:37:05 EDT 2015

I'm afraid not. You might check the link I sent about the dectalk 5.0
board. They had a manual (in PDF), which might include singing
instructions. Since the board included Spanish and also had singing
capability there is a rather small chance you might find a phoneme list
there. I do know that dectalk has been used to sing in Spanish--we have
some files like that in the archive, although not many. It is clear this
was done with the Spanish version, not just crowbaring English into the
correct sounds. If we could track down the authors of these, they might
be able to help us. I'll see if I can figure this out, but if anyone
already knows, it would save me a lot of random forum searching.

Carlos