[DECtalk] Elan sayso demo

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Sat Jan 24 10:08:48 EST 2015

Very interesting find! Thanks for posting about it. These voices from 2004
might not be fully compatible with Windows 7. I say might because selecting
the voices in JAWS and NVDA results in silence and JAWS appears to crash.
However, I can use the Elan voices in TextAloud with no problems at all.
Strange... Although I will probably end up uninstalling them soon, I might
reinstall them in the future. Since the installer was created prior to
Windows 7, I suppose difficulties like the ones I experience can be
anticipated.
Blake