[DECtalk] fonix searching

Carlos Fernandez cf530a at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:55:06 EDT 2015

Hello again,

     I spent some time today searching through some documents I found on
fonix's website, and I figured it was time to share what I found with you.
First, it seems that fonix has not actually gone bankrupt or anything of
the sort, it simply has changed its name to SpeechFX for no discernible
reason (their product is still called FonixTalk, again for no
discernible reason) and the demo is the same.
Second, I managed to find a copy of what claims to be the dectalk
programmers guide. However, I just went to upload this for you only to
find it corrupted. I'll try again.
I also found some interesting samples of another speech software (these
are old too, but I'm not sure how old). I've attached four audio files
of the two voices they seem to have.
Because I found a contact address, I emailed the sales mail and asked if
they could provide us with either dectalk 5.0 or personal licenses for
dectalk software. Suffice it to say that the answer was no. One last
thing of interest is that the CEO replied to my message, so maybe they
have downsized a bit.

Carlos