[DECtalk] Klatt Speech Synthesizer

jake at grossgang.com jake at grossgang.com
Mon Sep 29 12:32:22 EDT 2014

Hello,
You may recognize my name, but I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. I am 15. I am a totally blind student at the California School for the Blind. I am interested in creating a Klatt synthesizer. The NV Speech Player Project inspired me to do this. Could you please help me to take the first step.

I have done research in formant synthesis. I found out that the Cascade formant generates the voiced sounds and the parallel formant generates the unvoiced sounds. Can you please direct me how to learn more?

Thank you very much!

Jake Gross