[DECtalk] copyright

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sat Mar 1 02:44:05 EST 2014

While all of this is true, and I even agree, the fact remains that the
letter of the law states something else. Sure, there are millions and
millions of cases where copyright infringement has occurred, yet the
copyright holders either don't know about it, or choose not to enforce
their rights. But don't get me wrong, it is up to them, and them alone,
whether to take action or not. On a copyright myths site I read once, it
said that many publishers turn a blind eye to fan fiction or even subtly
encourage it. But it went on to state that this is what they choose to
do, and they could just as easily sue for damages.
Jayson