[DECtalk] a decent speech synthesizer for primary use

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Fri Aug 29 20:00:55 EDT 2014

Brandon,
Although I use Eloquence as my primary synth in Jaws, Ivona voices are a
close second. They are my primary voices within NVDA. Voices from Ivona are
not free but you can trial each voice for 30 days before purchase is
required. I prefer slow speeds so I'm not sure how Ivona sounds at fast
rates. I use Ivona voices because all of the voices sound very natural.

Have you tried the Orpheus synth? I purchased Orpheus but don't use it
anymore because those voices are too fast for my liking. Like Ivona, you can
trial Orpheus for 30 days before purchase is required. The difference is
with Orpheus you receive all voices, whereas Ivona voices are downloaded one
voice at a time.
Blake