[DECtalk] The Dectalk site is gone, I think.

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Wed Jun 5 05:24:08 EDT 2013

Hi,

A clarification here. The domain dectalk.com is still an actively
registered domain, and expires sometime in November. However, it doesn't
currently point to any IP address. For those of you who may not know
what this means, imagine the domain name system as a giant phone book.
When you want to go somewhere like google.com or amazon.com, your
computer opens the phone book and looks up the phone number or, in this
case, Internet address for that site, then connects to that address.
Only, there's no entry in the giant phone book for dectalk.com, so your
computer has no idea how to contact the site.

The domain is handled by Dreamhost, so it may be that some Dreamhost
nameserver is down, and that's what's causing the name lookup failure.
Jayson