[DECtalk] a list of ideas for the Dectalk user community

Tyler programmer651 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 26 17:48:28 EST 2013

Hello! The following is a list of ideas for little events and websites we in the Dectalk user
community could host. I am qualified to run all of these; I have experience with basic conference-call
technology and wiki/blog/list technology. First of all, I will not bring up the topic of a
discussion forum, because a mailing list is basically the same thing as a forum; this is a forum right here! But
I thought of the following things;
A wiki: We, at a wiki, could write an encyclopedia of Dectalk; the people who invented it, the people
whose work can be heard on the internet in places such as grossgang.com, history of Dectalk and
singing synthesizers, and just an encyclopedia website! Almost every community has a wiki! Amateur
Song Fight musicians have sfbase.net, big-number mathematicians have
googology.wikia.com, and blind Dungeons & Dragons players have
wiki.ardrana.net. Why not a Dectalk wiki? I have wiki admin/sysop skills,
so I could run the site.
Dectalk teleconference: a yearly, or semiannual, or more frequently if the users are
willing, telephone conference where users can talk about Dectalk. I've run little teleconferences from a
blind chatline, so maybe we in the Dectalk user community could run a teleconference.
Dectalk competition: Like the Dectalk version of Song Fight. The theme would be announced on the
mailing list, the wav or other format files would be off-listed to the competition organizer, and they would be
put in a special competition folder that would probably be on a site like
grossgang.com/dectalk. Voting would happen off-list, and votes would be counted by the organizer.
Tell me what you guys in the Dectalk user community think of these things.
Tyler Z