[DECtalk] more Enable SAPI questions

Jake McMahan mcmahan.jake at gmail.com
Mon May 28 12:08:52 EDT 2012

On 5/28/2012 7:39 AM, enablerehab at verizon.net wrote:
> Hi Alex,
> Could you please point out to people that they can have the Speak
> window and the dectalk.dll that is needed for the Speak window for
> free, so they can try out singing whatever songs they want for themselves?
> thx - corine
>
> ps - any news on the job front?
> On 05/16/12, Alex H.<linuxx64.bashsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, this can also be installed on more than one machine. I have it in
> my main system and an XP virtual machine.
>
> Alex
>
> On 3/24/12, Blake Roberts <beroberts at hughes.net
> <mailto:beroberts at hughes.net>> wrote:
> > Hi again,
> > Can Enable's Dectalk SAPI be installed on more than one computer?
> Also, can
> > a singing sample be posted so that we all can hear it sing?
> > Blake

  Hello:
For a while now, I have been trying to point out that the speak window
for 4.61 sounds exactly the same as the 4.61 sapi because it is the same
synthesizer dll file.  The only difference is, with the 4.61 speak
window, the dll is hard coded into the application, whilst it is not in
the included package containing the dll file and speak windows.  If I
need to clarify anything else, like I said, I've purchased this product,
used it, and know the drill.  The only question I would have, is if that
dll and speak window in the form of an installer package is free, then
where is it supposed to be on the site if it is publicly available,
unless you're refering to the archived speak window distributed on the
GWMicro website.