[DECtalk] Dectalk 4.4

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 06:11:08 EDT 2012

I only like Dectalk 4.40 because I feel it is the closes to the original
Dectalk that was invented by MIT and Dennis Klatt.   However, I'm  about to
switch versions just because it's so hard sometimes to set  up.  It has to be
in the C drive and not a sub directory. The folder  can't have spaces, it
won't auto associate the EN files, and I'm just sick of  helping people set
that thing up.

I finally got my hands on the "Free" speak window that is put out by Enable
 Rehab.  Free is a joke because you have to buy the SAPI before you get the
 free speak window.  Now the good news is, I got a message relayed go me
saying I won't be sued if I pass it out.   As if I care, I'd only file  a
counter suit anyway and still pass it out.

BUT, before I make it available, Blake and I are setting up support behind
the thing because it comes with no instructions at all.  Um, I won't put it
 out that way because then I'll be as bad as Enable Rehab.  So we are
working on installation instructions as well as how to use the features that are
 included with the speak window.  And, I'll offer live support for it.

It comes with a DT sample window which is blind friendly.  And it  sings.
I might, might, might throw in my singing instructions just because  I want
to run circles around Enable Rehab.

I'm not touching the SAPI.  I'm told I could because Enable Rehab's  sales
are so low that they don't care any more.  The SAPI now has really  good
quality, so for those that want a Dectalk non-singing reader, I'd get  it.
BUT, I'm not touching it because it's being sold as "DECTALK READER  1", but it
installs as "DECTALK 4.61".  So if you are blind, it  creates confusion.
And I have other issues with the SAPI.  I'm  hearing rumors that it will be
dropped soon because sales are down.  (I  wonder why)

My sales are on the rise, so I'm making changes to help the continuation of
 Dectalk.  My policy is the customer is always right.  My new store is  not
in place yet, but I think the changes will be good.  The speak window  will
remain free of course, and I'll never make anyone buy stuff before getting
access to a free download.

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 6/26/2012 4:53:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,