[DECtalk] sapi ductal now available

Doris and Chris chipmunks at gmx.net
Sun Feb 26 06:15:39 EST 2012

If Dectalk Reader 1  uses the version 4.61 of DECtalk previously
released by Force Computers, which supported DECTalk in six
languages, Then why did that Corinne-girl who contacted me concerning
the upcoming release of their DECTAlk Reader 1 tell me their DECTalk
supported only English? I am not intersted in DECTAlk being able to
sing or dance or anything like that but wanted a sapi compliant
dectalk to use with my screenreaders and other sapi 5 compliant
programs as dectalk offers clear intelligible speech with a low
footprint. Is the DECTAlk Reader 1 software really only for English
or was the Corinne lady in error there?

Thanks much.

Doris