[DECtalk] DECTALK SAPI

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Mon Apr 23 14:41:37 EDT 2012

I have a question and Blake is already looking into it for me but I feel
like posting my question anyway because it's driving me crazy.

First off, I badly want to buy the Dectalk SAPI from Enable Rehab, but I
don't want the SAPI, I actually want the Speak Window and the dictionary
tools.  Those two items I thought were usually free, but they are being
included as a bonus.  (Some bonus)

So ok, I'm scared to buy from the Enable site because it only gives you one
 shot at downloading the 2 zip files.  I don't have a stable internet, and
I  have heard that if you don't get the download, one other person actually
had to  wait for a refund, purchase it again, and then download.  I DO NOT
WANT  THAT HEADACHE!  And, why would I pay for the SAPI when all I really
want  are the 2 items that should be free anyway?

So the other day I did a google search for a Dectalk SAPI expecting to get
nothing.  I was in shock because Dectalk 4.61 SAPI is now everywhere!   And
funny thing, Dectalk Reader 1 I heard unzips as Dectalk 4.61, so why would
I  or anyone buy from Enable Rehab when their SAPI only does English?  If
you  buy the Dectalk SAPI from other places, it has other languages, plus it
runs on  Linux and other operating systems.

Here's my question.  I'm finding the Dectalk SAPI all over, and like I
said, a google search goes crazy.  BUT, every download link for the SAPI  sends
me to an audio converter, or other stuff that is not Dectalk  related.  I
see nothing on any site to buy, but yet the Dectalk SAPI seems  to be
available.  Text Aloud, different screen readers, and I mean I'm  finding it
everywhere.  I emailed Blake 2 of the sites, but I found like  20.  I just can't
figure out how to download or buy it.  And yeah,  I'll mess around with the
SAPI, but I really want the dictionary tools and the  speak window.  And
knowing that some people have download issues at the  Enable Rehab site, I'm
scared to try it.  I heard you don't even get a  confirmation number.  Yeah,
your order is recorded by the site, but who  wants to wait for a refund if you
need a 2nd try?  I sure don't!

So is there a better site that I can get the SAPI and stuff from?   I'll
even directly pay someone to e-mail me a copy.  Heck, the Enable site  even
has a one shot warning, so I totally don't trust it.

SNOOPI BOTTEN