[DECtalk] DECtalk USB ready

Alex H. linuxx64.bashsh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:30:05 EST 2011

Hi,

So I finally managed to procure a DEC USB and it arrived yesterday
afternoon. I bought it used, the person who had it said it was
collecting dust in a closet, and he never used it. Well, as much as
I'm sad to hear of DECtalk equipment being in storage, I'm glad
because now it's found a new home with me.  It's in excellent
condition with only a small dent in the speaker grill, but it sounds
great. Very responsive also, even with JAWS in a VM. It takes the lag
out of running virtual machines, feels native now.

On the off chance, does anybody know what the specs of the wall
adapter are? I only got the unit itself+the USB cable. If not, that's
ok, I'll probably only use this via USB anyway, and there's always the
9-volt option if needed for Linux/serial connections.

Thanks,
Alex