[DECtalk] DECTalk USB Demo2

Alex H. linuxx64.bashsh at gmail.com
Sun May 15 13:11:50 EDT 2011

Hi Hart,

I'm not sure about speakup, but I do know that you should be able to
send text to the DECTalk USB as you would with the express. I don't
have an express or USB, but when I do, I'm going to do some
experiments with this.

Apparently, Emacspeak and the DECTalk USB had some issues with command
errors from what I read on the Emacspeak list, but they seem to have
been resolved.

Well, to add some intonation in the voice, you'd just use [:dv pr 200
as 70 qu 70]
That should be a bit better. Now only to have this stuff remembered on
uppercase letters with speakup, and then have the pitch drop to normal
after the uppercase letter. I think there's a way to get it working
from what I read in the DECTalk USB manual from the Axsol website, but
don't know how to go implementing that into a speakup driver.

Alex