[DECtalk] something i heard

Raymond Grote musicalman1 at comcast.net
Tue May 10 19:04:45 EDT 2011

Hi,
Sadly I looked at it, and I think I know what is wrong, but it's not going
to be an easy fix.
Basically, the song speeds up faster than it should during the long
hallaluias and the verses, and slows down to proper tempo during the shorter
hallaluias. So when the voices start coming in seperately, it becomes a
problem, since at some parts, some voices are  singing hallalueas faster
than the other is singing a verse. To fix this, we'd have to edit each
phoneme's duration except the short hallaluias. Then get all the silences
right since I think they're a little off too. I wish Dectalk made it easier
to do all of this, but then again it wasn't meant for such big projects, it
was only meant I think to sing Happy Birthday, which is pretty simple stuff.
I really don't want to be the one that does the fixing, since Snoopi seems
to be the one in charge of this thing, and I'd rather let him do it if he
wants to. If I were to fix it, I'd probably just redo it.
I'm not trying to say Snoopi and anyone else that helped with this doesn't
know what they're doing. This is very difficult work!