[DECtalk] something i heard

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Mon May 9 10:49:19 EDT 2011

Actually, does anyone have or know how to create a  4.40 installer that
will do the file association?

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 5/9/2011 10:40:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ratguy at insightbb.com writes:

Hi,

Probably what really needs to happen when it comes right  down to it is
that
the Speak window needs to be rewritten from scratch.  That program, in one
form or another, has been around for quite some time.  Technology changes,
and Speak probably hasn't kept up. Unfortunately, the  only Speak window I
know of which actually uses a dectalk.dll is the most  recent one, for the
so-nicknamed DECtalk 86. All the others I've seen  appear to have the
actual
DECtalk code included within the Speak  executable. My thought is that, if
you had a dectalk.dll and knew how it  worked, you could write a replica
Speak window from scratch, in a language  of your choice.