[DECtalk] something i heard

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Mon May 9 10:09:29 EDT 2011

I'd have to clarify, I think DECtalk was already messed up when 4.61 came
out. Was there a 4.6?
If I could pick any version of DECtalk to be preserved and modernized to
work on modern and future hardware/software, absolutely any version at all
that has ever existed, I'd have to pick 4.2CD, the version currently
speaking on my DECtalk Express right now as I write this. 4.3 is excellent
but has a weird thing with ST and SP sounds where it almost sounds like it's
trying to put an h sound in there.