[DECtalk] something i heard

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Mon May 9 09:15:30 EDT 2011

Well, Dave and I have about completed our test.   The Dectalk 4.40 Speak
Window will not install to the upgraded Windows 7.   So, it looks like if
there is no SAPI, there might not be  Dectalk.

If Dectalk SAPI won't sing, I see no use for it  because if it can't sing,
you can't use voice gestures, insert pauses,  phonetically tell it how to
say words and so on.  So, block access to the  phonetics and you end every
reason to have Dectalk in my  opinion.

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 5/9/2011 8:07:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,