[DECtalk] Surprise! Dectalk 5.0 SAPI

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Sat May 7 12:45:17 EDT 2011

Hi guys,
When Snoopi and I were involved with beta-testing, someone sent us a SAPI
version of Dectalk 5.0. I decided to send it to the list for us all to
enjoy/use. It will give you all an opportunity to know what Dectalk 5.0
sounds like. Plus, this is not the version Enable will be marketing.

After unzipping the attachment, run setup.exe. When it asks for installation
type, choose custom. Screen readers will say something like, "Dectalk SAPI
5.0 1 of 1". Right arrow on that and you will be in a list of languages that
will be installed. Press enter/space on any languages you don't want and
choose the option "this feature will be unavailable". Have fun!

I realize that this attachment might not come through for some members, as
Gmail typically blocks zip files from being sent. I hope most of you
receive/enjoy this.