[DECtalk] DECtalk for Linux

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Tue Mar 1 21:06:07 EST 2011

Speaking of the hardware Dec's what other equipment uses the cable from the
express? As we know, using them with a laptop back when proved to be a bad
idea, as bad as busying out the phone by pulling the plug from the receiver
on a corded phone, broke one of those as well, but those cables are easy to
get, Dec Talk  Express ones aren't. Is the cable the same one used for one
phone line made into two that people did for doubling dialup, or is this
thing truely proprietary, not made any more, and the synths are garbage?