[DECtalk] Weather dectalk

Alex H. linuxx64.bashsh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 22:07:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

That's probably right. I know there are a lot of minor versions of DT
in the 4.4x version, and they didn't have a huge impact on sound, but
when stuff hit 4.61 things went down the tubes, thanks to Force
Computers Inc. The Fonix saved the day, sort of.

BTW, does anyone know who currently has all the speak demos or the
rights to them now? I'd shudder to think that there's little minor
versions and the whole 4.5x version of DT that has no demos accounted
for, and of course DT 5.0. I'm thinking if they're public domain, even
with some non-decompilable code for DT in them, they should be
mirrored and available to try.

Alex