[DECtalk] WHAT SPEAKERS DOES EVERYONE USE

ebruckert Bruckert edbruckert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:19:20 EDT 2011

I agree, but it's not the DECtalk SAPI layer it is the program that talks to
the SAPI. The DECtalk SAPI layer simply reformats the commands. Many screen
readers and other programs talking to SAPI strip the commands to make life
easier, but these have absolutely nothing to do with DECtalk or SAPI deck
talk it has to do with the program talking to the SAPI layer. That's why say
and speak were often used for this purpose because they did not censor
anything.
     I personally tested and approved every single version of DECtalk that
was ever produced, and that's how I know they can all sing. When it comes to
window apps I'm a dummy, but I know for someone who knows what they're doing
making a SAPI to shovel unfiltered text to the TTS system should not be
hard.