[DECtalk] Adding words to Dectalk dictionary

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Mon Jan 24 22:07:23 EST 2011

Hi,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, at least with the 4.2 and newer DECtalks,
it was just contextual. I think there was a mark of some kind you could put
in front of a word to force a certain pronunciation, thus bypassing the
context-based guesswork for that word. In my experience, sometimes it gets
it right, and sometimes it gets it wrong. I bet in the following sentences,
it'll get at least one wrong. We shall see!

She lives in New York.
They were blind all their lives.

You must read the book.
The paper was read by a woman.

Let's wind up the clock.
The wind was cold at her back.

I will record myself singing.
We could not find a record of your purchase.