[DECtalk] speaking of dectalk

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Sun Jan 2 18:46:28 EST 2011

Brandon, I myself see no need for a Jaws Dectalk driver, being that a SAPI5
version of Dectalk will be created. Dectalk can then be accessed by
switching Jaws synth from Eloquence to SAPI5. That's a very interesting
point you make about whether or not the SAPI5 Dectalk will also be
SAPI4-compatible. I have noticed that some SAPI5 synthesizers also work as
SAPI4 voices. I've never understood how a voice can be SAPI5 and SAPI4 at
the same time.
These are just my thoughts. I know my comments do not adequately answer your
questions.
Blake