[DECtalk] File association problem

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Mon Feb 7 17:06:40 EST 2011

Hi,

Playdec didn't have anything to do with making Windows open up any file
type. You still had to edit file associations, so Playdec can't possibly
solve your problem there. All Playdec did was to take an arbitrary filename
given as an argument and copy that to a file specified in playdec.ini.
Because Playdec uses an ini file, it can actually be made to work with any
hardcoded demo filename. However, again that won't help with your Windows
file association problem.