[DECtalk] List policy change

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Tue Apr 19 11:32:49 EDT 2011

Hi,

Last Tuesday I took a six-day vacation down to a vacation home where we have
very limited Internet. That same day, the Say source code and DECtalk
programmer manual PDF was posted, and because of the message size, I had to
approve it which was a lengthy process down there. Because of this and a few
similar situations, the DECtalk mailing list no longer has a limit on the
message size which may be sent through it.
With this freedom comes responsibility for all list members. Now that the
limit on message size has been lifted, you need to be extra careful to
insure that malicious attachments E.G. viruses, trojans, spyware, etc. don't
get posted to the list. Please note, I have absolutely no evidence that such
attachments have been sent before, but just the same, with no size limit,
everyone needs to be careful.