[DECtalk] QUESTION

Alex H. linuxx64.bashsh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 13:12:15 EDT 2011

Well, if it's free and you can download it, then it's free and you can
use it. Fonix might own the rights to the software contained within or
some such nonsense, but for all demoing perposes and for what we use
DECTalk for, it's harmless. Plus, Fonix is silent about DT anyway, and
they are more focused on corporate outcomes I guess. Not even
FonixTalk has undergone an upgrade in three years. Oh, and FonixTalk
also has a speak window, so that's free too but you need to register
an email address to download it,. I keep an archive of all the DT
software I find, and am still looking for the DT 5.0 demo. I don't
think I'll ever get a real copy, let alone the speak window for 5.0,
since Fonix ignores all emails I send to them.

Happy Dectalking!
Alex