[DECtalk] dectalk in general

ebruckert Bruckert edbruckert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 11:33:51 EDT 2010

First, my feekings aren't hurt beccause people like 4.4 or 4.3 better,
because I did all of those versions. With limite3d time I did try to
understand the preferences, rememdering that I had source code to all. The
end result was that we could not really define what made one more
preferable. Why things chnage is due to a multitude of reasons and would be
a long running.
     The story about Laura is true butnot the whole truth. Dennis was always
concerned about handicapped uses and the sing was deliberately put in by
Dennis, nt for his daughter but so that speech synthesizers userws could
sing- that was his motivation.
      Lastly, no company wants to sell old versions because the support
liability ways outways any profit- it's a pure money decision.
  That deosn't mean we're at the end of the road. If enable can produce a
version that is they're sole responsibility to support ( probably with a
name chnage)., they might go for that. I have source code archived for all
this stuff.