[DECtalk] DECtalk SAPI

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 09:12:34 EDT 2010

I think you are asking how I enhance the files?   Well, to my ears, Dectalk
sounds flat, so does every single music file I ever  work with.  I have lab
software where I can enhance stuff.  So first I  add in an ever slight echo
to everything.  I don't want an actual echo, I  just do it enough so
everything sounds more real.  It makes Dectalk sound  much more human.

Then I have a set of unmarked controls that greatly  effect the base,
travel, and bring out sounds that you can't normally  hear.  And this also helps
Dectalk sound more human.

Volume drops also help.  Volume drops let me  raise or lower the volume of
Dectalk which helps create  feeling.

If we buy the kit, I hope I can have a crack at  changing stuff.  I hear
all this talk on how hard it is to make a female  voice sound human.  Hard
nothing, I've done it.  So if I can set the  controls in the kit to ever
slightly echo without an actual echo, and change a  few settings in the female
voices, I know I can make them have human  quality.

I hope to God they don't only have 5.0 because I for  one can't stand it!
But I was told a few years ago that 4.40 was available  as a kit and it
comes with instructions and an open dictionary.  I'm hoping  to add cool stuff
to the dictionary before we release it.  I have some way  cool stuff in mind.

One is, in honor of Dennis Klatt, I want to set it do  if you type
"DennisKlatt" as one word, it will tell the history of Dennis  Klatt.  I have tones
of other ideas I hope to add to the dictionary.   And, I want "Alt P" to
play the message, so it's easier for the blind.  I  feel like I have 200 items
I hope I get to add to the dictionary just to make it  more fun.

But this is a company thing, so I might not get to add  anything to the
dictionary, but I'm hoping I can.  In the 90's I use to  type in weird stuff
hoping I would stumble on a hidden message from Dennis or  something.  I never
did.  So I'd love to do that stuff just because I  think it would be fun.

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 9/20/2010 8:10:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,