[DECtalk] DECTalk 5.0?

Alex H. linuxx64.bashsh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 19:21:23 EDT 2010

Hi Corine,

I use DECTalk mostly on the Windows platform, and when I convert to
Linux I'll probably use it as well. I'm a screen reader user, and use
DECTalk Access32 with JAWS and Window-Eyes. For NVDA (my primary
screenreader), there's no supported DECTalk, which is why a SAPI
version would be really great.

My cell phone is a Windows Mobile phone, and I currently use Mobile
Speak for Windows Mobile and Fonix Dectalk 4.6.3 that's bundled with
Mobile Speak. So in short, I use DECTalk quite a bit.

I also use DECTalk demos to write songs and gingles, plays, etc.  It's
really quite amusing having a synthesizer that can do so much.

When I can swing it, I'll look into buying a DECTalk USb and then I'll
have my favorite speech in a hardware synthesizer. I know, I'm a bit
crazy about DECTalk! :)

Alex