[DECtalk] Reminder, DECtalk archive closing

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Dec 25 03:52:20 EST 2009

Hi, Merry Christmas!

You would need either an ftp or a web server. You would also need an
account that lets you run servers and doesn't have bandwidth
restrictions. Due to the nature of some files, most web hosts won't
work. Some files are violating copyright or could be considered adult.
Honestly, you're on your own as far as setting things up. I really don't
have any further interest in dealing with it. If you're still
interested, have a high speed connection without bandwidth restrictions
and are at least willing to host an anonymous ftp site, contact me. If
you just want it on the web, that's fine also, but the point is that it
needs to be accessible by the public without limits except for a
bandwidth limiter if necessary. Since this applies to anyone else
wanting to host, I'm posting to the list. Also, note that most cable
companies prohibit servers on residential connections, so check first.

Tony Baechler, tony at baechler.net