[DECtalk] Reminder, DECtalk archive closing

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Dec 23 04:12:41 EST 2009

Hi all,

This is just a reminder that December 31 will be the last day to get
anything from my copy of the DECtalk archive.  I've had a few offers to
take it over but I don't know what's going on.  I have an ftp account
set up if you want to take over that has no bandwidth restrictions.  I
will only give out the ftp account to people actually interested in
hosting the archive.

I previously made a promise here that the archive wouldn't die, even if
no one hosted it.  That still stands, although I'm not sure how that
will happen.  Someone says they're willing to host it, but they can make
their own announcement when/if they want.  If nothing else, the zip
files will stay there for a while.

If you want the zip files, go to http://classicradio.us/dectalk/ and
unzip with the following password as shown:

dectalk is great

Happy holidays to all.