[DECtalk] I got DecTalk!

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Sat Apr 25 18:48:47 EDT 2009

Making Dectalk sing involves programming each sound in a word, and giving
each sound a time value and pitch. Example, to make Dectalk sing "I'm a
Dectalk":

[:phone on] [:np]
[ay<400,13>m
ax<400,15>
Deh<450,17>k
Tao<500,20>lk]

There used to be a site that listed all of the Dectalk phoneems (the letter
combinations representing sounds that Dectalk recognizes), but it has
apparently vanished into cyberspace.
Blake