[DECtalk] Testing

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Fri Oct 31 18:15:02 EDT 2008

Snoopi said:
>I got it, and if the songs are going back up, I have  more to add.

Jayson Responds:
I'm still thinking about that one. If it's any indication of how popular the
archive is, today I got a logwatch E-mail from my new host. Among the items
listed are people trying to download files from my web server that don't
exist. The domain bluegrasspals.com was pointed to the new host early last
evening, and no part of the DECtalk archive is up yet. Still, I got several
attempted downloads of DECtalk files, just within a few hours of the site
going live again!
     There are two arguments against putting it back up. First, it's very
popular, which means lots of bandwidth consumption. Although I have a
generous bandwidth allowence, my bandwidth is metered, and I don't want to
get stuck with the bill for lots of extra. Also, there's the issue of
copyright. I do not want this to turn into a long-winded copyright thread,
but in short, I absolutely do not want to get kicked off my host for even
the thought of copyright infringement. So, I'll decide...
Jayson