[DECtalk] strange behaviour dectalk express and jaws 8.0

Ryan Hutchings RyanHornibrook at aol.com
Sun Mar 30 06:44:45 EDT 2008

Strange, I never noticed this with window eyes, but when I pressed keys too
quickly with window eyes and dec express, the pc restarted (a windows stop
error was encountered).
I am pretty sure its not the unit I have not noticed this in jaws for dos or
vocal eyes under windows or plain dos.
Are you using a usb to serial converter or a standard serial port?
Did you uncheck "use fido buffers" under the port settings/advanced settings
in the ports settings under device manager in windows?
This may or may not help.
Ryan