[DECtalk] fonix and podbooks.org

Lowell lowell at schat.com
Thu Jul 24 19:04:55 EDT 2008

I'm working on a site some may be interested by
www.podbooks.org
I hope to add some information regarding using dectalk instead of
downloading big mp3 files.

Am I the only person here that uses the Fonix dectalk linux runtimes?
I have 2 scripts that work with them that I might be publishing to my
site.  One converts books to mp3 files for portable player use.  The
other is useful for having ebooks read, remembering your place between
shuting down the computer and ability to queue books to read.

I don't see the linux runtimes available for sale on the fonics site
anymore.
I might have to check out if it is a module in their new SDK

I've used a few different software incarnations of dectalk but none of
the hardware versions.