[DECtalk] singing the word there's

Raymond Grote musicalman1 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 29 22:23:55 EST 2008

Yeah, I know about those, but I'd bet some people spend hours just tweaking
one of the voices to get a different one. I have no idea how long it took
for the voices presented in the Red Dwarf series on the Dectalk Archive to
be worked up, but I think they are so much better than the defaults.
Although I have to say the Dennis voice in the latest version of Dectalk,
which I think is 4.6.4, is pretty good in my opinion and I'd use it for
reading longer texts, and probably a lot more if screen readers could use
it. I know Dectalk has been replaced with a newer engine but I doubt it
would be of any use to Dectalk tinkerers like us, but as always I don't know
that much about it.