[DECtalk] recording eloquence directly

Corine Bickley corine.bickley at gallaudet.edu
Thu Feb 28 20:10:41 EST 2008

i'm very interested in how these voices sound to you folks who use tts
systems all the time. i thought Eloquence was a formant-based synthesizer
like DECtalk, at least it started out that way. the Eloquence system used to
be owned by a company called Eloquent, but then it was bought out by, i
think, ScanSoft, and then i lost track. i have no idea what is now sold as
Eloquence.
i haven't heard much about ViaVoice in a long time.

thanks to you all for your comments - corine