[DECtalk] recording Eloquence directly

Blake Roberts broberts at dmv.com
Mon Feb 25 16:29:06 EST 2008

Alex,
You can record from your sound card instead of your mic by changing settings
in Volume Control's properties. In fact, you can set it to record from the
sound card and mic simultaneously. It depends on personal preference.

Here are my instructions for Windows XP, I do not have vista. Do the
following:
1. Enter volume control (Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Volume
Control).
2. Press alt-p for options. Press enter on properties.
3. Press tab. You will land on a group of radio buttons. Press down arrow
and you are on "adjust volume for Recording.
4. This is where it gets a bit complicated. Press tab. You land on a list
view. Check stereo mix, microphone and wave.
5. Shift-tab back to the radio buttons. Press enter.
6. Here, you can check the select box for microphone, wave or stereo mix.
Stereo mix allows you to record from both microphone and sound card.
Checking Wave or Microphone enables you to record from only one device at a
time. Only one select checkbox can be checked.
7. When you are done, press alt-f4 to close Volume Control.

If anyone needs any further assistance with changing volume control
settings, feel free to write me off-list.