[DECtalk] o/t speech synthesizers

Alex Hall mehgcap at gwi.net
Mon Aug 11 13:29:18 EDT 2008

I hate RealSpeak.  The voice itself is really nice, especially
Karen, Tom, and Samantha, but for reading it is very choppy; it
seems to treat every few words as sentences, so the sentence:
"I went to the store to only buy milk, but I came back with a lot
more."
might be spoken something like:
"I went to the store.  To only buy milk.  But I came back.  With
a lot more."
I really can't stand listening to that, plus there is a delay
between keypresses and response by the speech when using jaws
with it.

Have a great day,
Alex

you