[DECtalk] o/t speech synthesizers

piotr machacz pitermach at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 07:31:26 EDT 2008

people, I really like loquendo especially simon. I really like
realspeak, 3 of my favorite voices are daniel (good for jim's base
ball), lee, and jill. the polish realspeak agata doesn't sound so cool
in my opinion, but it has a nice dictionary, it will nicely handle
words in english like way, search, flash, splash etc with out adding
any of those words to the screen readers dictionarry. it however,
likes to spell stuff if there's a number after a word with out spaces,
like, document1. it will say, d, o, c, u, m, e, n, t, 1. this drives
me insane, especially with longer words. and has anyone tried ivona
tts? it's a polish synth, but it's capable of speaking english. you
can download a demo, but it will play music and say this is a demo
after few sentences, or try the online demo which doesn't have that.
either google or go to www.ivo.pl
if it displays the page in polish there's a link that says english
version oor something similar.
also has anyone used neospeech? they have good voices too. I heard
they are expensive but you can get them on nextup. I don't know the
actual price.