[DECtalk] Hosting torrent

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Aug 8 12:31:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

The problem is that I don't have any of the archive at all.  I've
literally lost everything.  I can download torrents just fine and I
already have a BitTorrent client.  I also have lots of web space to host
just the .torrent file if necessary.  I'm aware that BitTorrent supports
trackerless clients but that isn't something that I'm familiar with and
I think trackers get better results.  I've been online since 1995 so I'm
familiar with the web and the Internet generally.  What I meant is that
I've never created or uploaded torrents, only downloaded.  Obviously I
need to first find a tracker since I don't want to set one up, but I can
do nothing until I actually get the complete archive.  As much as I
appreciate your offer, you are in Italy and probably don't have a fast
connection.  From what Jayson says, it looks like it would take a long
time for me to download no matter who sends it to me.  Once I actually
have everything, I can create the actual torrent, find a tracker and
post here.  I appreciate you telling me about mininova.org, that helps.
I also have a private ftp server for those who don't want everything but
I'm worried about bandwidth usage.  Again, I can do nothing until I
actually get the files.  Once I get them, I could possibly offer a rsync
push service if others want to be mirrors, but that's all down the
road.  Thank you for writing and sharing your thoughts.  Have a good
holiday.