[DECtalk] DecTalk can speak Italian, but it's rediculous!!!

piotr machacz pitermach at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 16:08:23 EDT 2008

wow! if I find someone like you described, he's sure to get an email
saying|: welcome dtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdto the
dtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtiternational
eloquencedtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdt
crashdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdt! Other fun stuff with synths I was
able to find out, the system access screen reader that is freely
available at www.satogo.com uses dectalk, and it will pass commands
that is, when you in a text that SA should read type dt syntags it's
gonna work! another one for april's fuel. [:nh] [:dv pr 0] click here
to continue. that would speak in hary's voice setting the pitchrange
to 0, making harry sound like a robot. It works with SA, and I think
with window-eyes jaws will not pass the commands, reading them
instead. SA also won't be able to sing that is, you load a song, do a
sayall, it will sing but every phoneme say command error in phoneme,
then resume with a next phoneme, and again say command error in
phoneme. I also remenber there wer eloquence taggs for changing voices
and ajusting pars, but I can't remenber them. O and I one day wanted
to make dectalk speak polish using phonemes. lol! it really, really,
really sounded cool. paul was speaking so strangely. well dectalk is
english, polish is polish. it's easier though to make a polish synth
speak english but it's impossible to change the accent like r's well a
polish synth speaking english is more understandable, but it's not the
best. each synth is designed for it's own language. you can't make a
german synth speak dutch, italian synth speak spanish, rusian synth
speak swedish etc. but attemtping is cool. actually in poland, there
are people who of course know english, but there are people who,
apparently instead try talking in polish, to someone speak english. I
had on my pc a file in polish, where international people called
institutions. lol lol lol lol! one laydie speak french, the other
woman replied no mis, in polish. the woman calling tried speaking
engliish, same thing no mis in polish. the calling woman tried german,
guess what? still same! then the polish woman said, this is
translation of original, please call tomorrow. the calling woman
repeated tomorrow in her french accent. the polish woman said, yes
tomorrow. the calling french woman said in english, I sorry I don't
understand you. then she hanged up. the polish woman, I translated
what she said. this was, this was something cool. i'm glad I know
english well enough.